Every year, as a new, continuing or graduating NIC student, you are eligible to apply for more than $375,000 in scholarships and bursaries to help pay for college. These generous financial awards are made possible through the NIC Foundation by friends of North Island College who believe in the importance of education, and who want to ensure that finances don't stand between you and your career goals.
How to Apply
Only one application is required to be considered for more than 415 NIC Foundation awards, which range in value from $100 to more than $3,000 each. Scholarships are awarded for outstanding academic achievement while bursaries are based on financial need.
- Search all the awards available through our online Scholarships & Bursaries booklet . Award descriptions are sorted by student type and program area to help you quickly find out which awards you may be eligible to receive.
You can apply for NIC Foundation scholarships and bursaries between March and April each year.
- The NIC Foundation Awards Application is available online between March and April each year. With one application, you will be considered for all awards for which you are eligible.
- To submit your best possible application, read the awards descriptions carefully and tailor your personal information to meet the criteria. For example, some bursaries in your program area may request a summary of past volunteer experience or community involvement.
- Upload all required documents using the online application and submit before the April 25th, 2018 deadline.
- If you are chosen to receive an award, you will be notified by email to your NIC student email address by July 31. If you are not chosen, no email will be sent. Try not to be discouraged. Every year, regrettably, the number of deserving students exceeds our available funds.
- In nearly all cases, funds will automatically be deposited into your NIC student account in early September. This will be communicated by letter to the mailing address you provided in your application.
- Award recipients must send a Thank You card to the NIC Foundation Office which will be mailed to your donor.
- Students are expected to attend our fall Awards Receptions to show appreciation to our donors who make these funds possible.
Tell us how receiving an NICF scholarship or bursary made a difference for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org