Every year, as a new, continuing or graduating NIC student, you are eligible to apply for hundreds of scholarships and bursaries to help pay for college. These generous financial awards are made possible through the NIC Foundation by friends of North Island College who believe in the importance of education, and who want to ensure that finances don't stand between you and your career goals.
How to Apply
Only one application is required to be considered for all NIC Foundation awards which range in value and type of award. Scholarships are awarded for outstanding academic achievement while bursaries are based on financial need.
Our 2024 application form will be available on March 1, 2024. Successful recipients will be notified in July and August via your NIC email address. Any time you have any questions, please call 250-334-5074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a student on March 1, 2024 or plan to attend NIC at any point during the academic year ending August 31, 2025, you are eligible to apply.
The online application form has several sections with specific questions related to your personal, NIC and financial details. All applicants will be asked to provide a Social Insurance Number which is required to generate a T4A upon receiving an award.
Bursary applicants will need to provide Line 150 from their most recent Tax Notice of Assessment. Dependent students will need to provide their parent/guardian’s most recent Line 150 from their Tax Notice of Assessment.
Graduating high school students can provide interim transcripts directly to NIC Admissions.
Give yourself enough time to complete the online application. You will have the option to save and edit your application and to skip sections of the form that are not applicable.
Read questions carefully, provide thorough responses and proof your work.
We are here to help and answer questions related to the application process. Email email@example.com or call 250-334-5000 Ext. 4267.
- The NIC Foundation Awards Application is available online between March and April each year. With one application, you will be considered for all awards for which you are eligible.
- To submit your best possible application, please be as detailed as possible in your responses. Detailed information helps the selection committee match you to relevant awards.
- Upload all required documents using the online application and submit before the deadline.
- If you are chosen to receive an award, you will be notified in the summer via your NIC email address. If you are not chosen, no email will be sent. Try not to be discouraged. Every year, regrettably, the number of deserving students exceeds our available funds.
- In nearly all cases, funds will automatically be deposited into your NIC student account to reduce or cover your fall tuition. This will be communicated by email to your NIC address.
Award recipients must accept award terms through our online acceptance form. A link will be provided to you via your NIC email address. You will be prompted to provide an Introduction note and Impact Statement which the NIC Foundation will pass along to your donor.
Tell us how receiving an NIC Foundation scholarship or bursary made a difference for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org